Before you use PEARINDA PLUS
Do not use PEARINDA PLUS if you
- are hypersensitive (allergic) to PEARINDA PLUS or any other ACE inhibitor, or to sulphonamides or to any of the other ingredients in the tablet;
- had symptoms such as swelling of the face, tongue or throat, wheezing, skin rashes, intense itching, dizziness or fainting with previous ACE inhibitor treatment or have had these symptoms in any other circumstances (this is a condition called angioedema); these patients should never again be given these medicines.
- have hereditary or idiopathic angioedema
- have narrowing of the main blood vessel leading from the heart or cardiac muscle disease or narrowing of the artery supplying the kidney with blood;
- have any other heart, liver or kidney problems;
- take potassium supplements, potassium-containing salt substitutes and potassium sparing diuretics such as spironolactone, triamterene, amiloride
- have porphyria;
- suffer from Addison’s disease;
- have low blood potassium levels;
- take lithium products
- are pregnant or breast-feeding.
PEARINDA PLUS tablets should not be given to children.
The presence of other medical problems may affect the use of PEARINDA PLUS. Talk to your doctor, pharmacist or healthcare professional before taking PEARINDA PLUS if you:
- have blood vessel problems in your brain (cerebrovascular disease) or ischaemic heart disease;
- become dehydrated (volume depleted), eg if you were vomiting, or had diarrhoea or heavy sweating, if you are on dialysis, or if you follow a salt restricted diet or use diuretics;
- have high or low blood potassium, low blood sodium, or are on a sodium-restricted diet or use salt substitutes which contain potassium;
- suffer from a collagen disease such as systemic lupus erythematosus or scleroderma, or your immune system is suppressed;
- have low blood pressure;
- have bone marrow depression;
- suffer from hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis);
- suffer from gout;
- have any other heart, liver or kidney problems;
- suffer from diabetes which is not well controlled;
- are allergic to lactose.
You should inform you doctor, pharmacist or healthcare professional that you are taking PEARINDA PLUS if you:
- are going to have an operation or anaesthesia;
- are going to have desensitisation treatment to reduce the effects of an allergy to bee or wasp stings;
- are to undergo a procedure or test that requires injection of a contrast agent containing iodine.
Athletes should note that this product contains indapamide, which may give a positive reaction in drug tests.
What about pregnancy and breast-feeding?
You should not take PEARINDA PLUS:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or if you suspect you are pregnant;
- if you are breast-feeding.
Can you take your tablets with other medicines?
If you are taking other medicines on a regular basis, including complementary or traditional medicines, the use of PEARINDA PLUS with these medicines may cause undesirable interactions. Please consult your doctor, pharmacist or other healthcare professional, for advice.
In particular, you should check with your doctor, pharmacist or other healthcare professional if you are taking any of the following to be sure that it is safe to take PEARINDA PLUS at the same time:
- other medicines for treating high blood pressure including diuretics (water tablets);
- other medicines that could cause lowering of the blood pressure;
- potassium supplements, potassium-containing salt substitutes and potassium-sparing diuretics (e.g. spironolactone, triamterene or amiloride);
- lithium (for mania or depression);
- non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines;
- tricyclic antidepressants;
- corticosteroids (for various conditions, including asthma);
- medicines for the treatment of diabetes, eg insulin and metformin;
- baclofen (for muscle stiffness);
- medicines for heart rhythm problems (eg procainamide, sotalol, digoxin, quinidine, hydroquinidine, disopyramide, amiodarone);
- allopurinol (for treatment of gout);
- medicines for the treatment of cancer;
- immunosuppressants, e.g. cyclosporine;
- erythromycin (an antibiotic);
- halofantrine (for certain types of malaria);
- pentamidine (for treatment of some types of pneumonia);
- terfenadine (antihistamine for allergies or hayfever);
- stimulant laxatives eg senna;
- amphotericin B (for fungal diseases);
- tetracosactide or corticosteroïds (cortisone) (for treatment of Crohn’s disease)
Taking your medicine with food and alcohol:
It is recommended that PEARINDA PLUS should be taken once daily before a meal.
Avoid drinking alcohol. Drinking alcohol with PEARINDA PLUS may further lower your blood pressure and may make you feel dizzy or light-headed.
What about driving and using machines?
You may experience dizziness or lightheadedness while taking PEARINDA PLUS. Do not drive, operate machinery, or do anything else that could be dangerous until you know how you react on PEARINDA PLUS.
Before you begin using any new medicine (prescription or non prescription) or if you develop any new medical problem while you are using PEARINDA PLUS, check with your doctor, pharmacist or other healthcare professional.